POTATO: POTATO is a staple food used all over the world. It is scientifically called as Solanum tuberosum.
WHAT IS ROUND REVOLUTION?
To increase the production and increase the yield in potato THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA has started the ROUND REVOLUTION.
WHAT IS THE REASON BEHIND ROUND REVOLUTION?
POTATO is a staple food it was consumed all over the nation and it is cheap. So, by improving new verities in potato and good cultivation practices to improve production and the productivity of potato
cpri – icar:
CPRI: central potato research institute
potato research started in Shimla on 1st April 1935 as per orders of Imperial agriculture institute
AREA AND DISTRIBUTION:
Area: Uttar Pradesh > West Bengal > Bihar
production :Uttar Pradesh > West Bengal > Bihar
TRUE POTATO SEED:
- it was developed by RAMANUJAN
- 100-150g seeds/ha in the nursery is sufficient.
- south America (Peru) is the origin of potato.
- potato is called as “king of vegetables”
- potato is a cash crop ( high marketable value per unit area )
- rich source of STARCH i.e farina and vitamin especially B1
- De- hulming of POTATO is done by CuSo4.
for more follow us on: https://www.instagram.com/thetimesofagriculture/ https://www.facebook.com/timesofagriculture/